Cementos Pacasmayo’s objective is to maximize shareholder value, while honoring its commitment to the environment and abiding by its social responsibility goals. Cementos Pacasmayo intends to achieve its objective through the following principal strategies:
- Continue to focus on its core business of supplying the rising demand for cement. The Company plans to continue to meet the increasing demand for cement in its market, while controlling production costs. The principal goal is to maintain the market share in the northern region of Peru without reducing the profitability of its business.
- Enhance operational efficiencies to reduce production costs. The Company intends to continue developing operational efficiencies in an effort to reduce costs and increase its operating margins. Its principal efficiency initiative is to reduce energy costs by securing its own source of coal.
- Deepen its commercial relationship with retailers and end-consumers. The Company plans to enhance its commercial relationships with retailers and end-consumers in its market, both to maintain brand loyalty and to foster demand for its cement products.
- Continue to focus on being the preferred provider of building solutions. The Company strives to be the supplier of choice for cement consumers in the northern region of Peru, whether households building their homes or private construction companies or governmental entities undertaking projects of any size. It continues to focus on providing consumers with efficient and customized building solutions for their construction needs.
- Develop our non-core mineral assets. The Company intends to dedicate significant efforts and resources to develop its phosphate and brine projects and create value for its shareholders by capitalizing on the potential of these mineral assets.
- Selectively pursue acquisitions. The Company will continue to evaluate and may selectively pursue strategic acquisitions of cement and complementary businesses that expand its geographic footprint and diversify its portfolio of products.